CareReq Technologies Inc. (“CareReq”, “we”, “us”, “our” and terms of similar meaning) take your privacy rights very seriously. We are committed to transparently describing our privacy practices, including how we collect, use and disclose data we obtain from your activity on the CareReq application (“App”) and/or the CareReq website available at https://carereq.com (“Site”) (collectively, the “Services”).
All capitalized terms that are not otherwise defined herein obtain their meaning from the Terms, available at https://carereq.com/homecare/terms.html.
1. What Data Do We Collect?
We collect the following information from you (collectively, “Data”):
- General. Your username, password, e-mail address, telephone, address, age, gender, personal preferences, and any other personal information that you choose to include in your profile when you register for a User Account or any other person information you provide to us about you or Recipients. Profile information that you provide for your user profile and any Content that you post to the Services. If you access the Services using credentials from other social media services, such as Facebook, we collect information from such third-party accounts in accordance with privacy settings on such account.
- Usage Data. Information from your activity and use of the Services.
- User Feedback. We may collect content that you store, select, or services you request or provide through or on CareReq. This information may include additional information about you that you choose to disclose to us.
- Analytics Information. We may use third-party analytics tools to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the Services. These tools collect information sent by your device or our Services, including the third-party web pages you visit through the App or the Site, the services that you view or request through or on CareReq, your use of add-ons, and other information that assists us in improving the Services. We collect and aggregate this analytics information with information from other Users so that it cannot reasonably be used to identify any particular individual User.
- Metadata. Metadata is usually technical data that is associated with your use of the Services or any Content you post. For example, metadata can describe how and when a piece of user content was posted and how that content is formatted.
- Location Services. The Services use location services made available online and by iOS, Android and other platforms. Location services allows location-based applications and websites, like the App, to use Data from internet service providers, cellular, Wi-Fi and Global Positioning System (GPS) networks to determine your approximate location. We use location services to facilitate the ordinary operation of the Service, including tracking the location of Users and filtering Providers based on that Data and/or displaying that Data, to other Users in order to show relevant content or services through the Service.
You may adjust how much information is accessible to us by adjusting the privacy setting on your User Account; however, certain Services may be unable to be performed or available to you as a result.
2. How Do We Use Your Data?
We may also use your Data to provide to you the License for the Services; facilitate your requests made on or through the Services; provide you with a personalized user experience, filter Providers based on Clients’ service requests, and improve the Services; resolve service disputes; troubleshoot problems; to analyze usage of our Services; improve our content and service offerings; to allow Users to connect with Providers and/or Clients via the Service; detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activities; provide you with system or administrative messages; to meet or fulfill the reason you provided the Data to us; to communicate with you about the Services; to comply with our legal or contractual obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our Terms.
These uses improve the Services and better tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a safe, smooth entertaining and customized experience while using the Services. We will not collect Data or use the Data for materially different, unrelated or incompatible purposes without providing you notice.
3. How Do We Use Your Data?
- Subsidiaries, Affiliates & Service Providers. We may use the services of subsidiaries, affiliates and third party service providers (collectively, “Third Parties”) as reasonably necessary to provide our Services and/or off-premise data hosting. We may disclose your Data to the Third Parties in the course of our use of their services, only to the extent which that is necessary. We take care to use Third Parties that we believe are reputable and capable of performing the services we require of them, including, without limitation, the handling of confidential information and Data and the compliance with all applicable laws.
- Sale of Business. We may disclose Data to the acquiror or its agents in the course of the sale of our business. If we do this, the disclosure will be subject to confidentiality arrangements customary in such transactions.
- Storing and Processing Your Data. In some cases, Data that we collect may be stored or processed outside of the jurisdiction it is received. When that occurs, we continue to protect the Data with appropriate safeguards and data export requirements, but it may be subject to the legal jurisdiction of those countries and governmental authorities in those countries.
- Advertising. We may share aggregated, anonymized data, such as usage data, with our commercial partners, however such information will not enable you to be individually identified.
- Public Areas and Other Users. User activities in the public areas of the Service may be identifiable to a User Account, and all or certain Users of the Service may be able to see your published content. Content which you have publicly shared on the Service may be available to be re-shared by others. If you remove Data that you posted to the Service, copies may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Service.
4. Data Retention
5. Your Data Rights
In accordance with the applicable privacy laws, you may have the following rights with respect to your Data:
- Right of Access and Portability. You may ask for an overview or copy of your Data to be provided to you; and/or transferred to another organization.
- Right to Object. You may object to us processing your Data.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you would like to exercise any of the above rights.
6. Children’s Privacy
CareReq does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of majority, unless it has been provided by their Parents, as defined and in accordance with the Terms, or knowingly allow such persons to register for a User Account. In the event we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor, that does not comply with the Terms, we will delete that information and/or Data as soon as practicable. We encourage Users to report to us where they believe that the Services has User Account or information from or about a minor.
We strive to protect your Data by putting in place a range of technical and organizational measures to safeguard and secure the Data we receive from you, including without limitation, security technologies. We are continuously utilizing security measures to protect your Data from unauthorized access or against loss, misuse or alteration. Despite our efforts, we cannot guarantee the security of your Data. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or Services failure and other factors, may compromise the security of your Data at any time. We reserve the right, without any limitation, to investigate any suspected breaches of the Services’ security or information technology or other systems or networks.
8. Other Information and Data Collectors
It is our goal to make our privacy practices easy to understand. If you have questions, concerns or if you would like more detailed information, please email our data controller at firstname.lastname@example.org.